Whether you are planning a church retreat or a party for your congregation, these Christian games are a great way to socialize and enrich your faith. These amusing activities can help break the ice as you increase your knowledge of scripture and your church beliefs. So, put some fun in your next church meeting or Bible study with these top ten Christian games for adults.
1. BIBLE PICTIONARY. This game will let you get in touch with your creative side, as well as your spiritual side. Split your group into two teams. Then, have each team write down several scenes from the Bible on separate scraps of paper. Fold the paper and place it in a bowl for the opposing team. One member from each team chooses a paper and takes a turn drawing out the scene on a dry-erase board. The other members from their team have to guess what scene it is within two minutes. If they guess it, they get a point. The team with the most points at the end of the game is the Bible Pictionary Champions!
2. DANCE PRAISE 2 – THE REMIX. When the music moves you, choose the dance game that features the latest music from top Christian artists for hours of fun. Connect the enclosed dance pad to the USB port of your Mac or Windows computer. Then all you have to do is follow the onscreen arrows and start moving’ to the music. Dance Praise 2 includes over 50 songs from top Christian artists, including Mandisa, Barlow Girl, Superchick, Pillar, Casting Crowns, tobyMac, Jeremy Camp, Ayiesha Woods, and Plumb with over 200 dances to choose from. Available for purchase on amazon.com.
3. OUTBURST BIBLE EDITION. If you have a hard time holding it in, you’ll love Outburst Bible Edition. It’s a fun party game full of entertaining and challenging bible topics such as “Animals in the Bible,” or “Names for Christ.” Each topic has 10 target answers and players get 60 seconds to try and name as many of these as possible. The board game includes 252 topics for hours of fun and laughter. Find it here.
4. CAPTURE THE FLAG REDUX. Capture the Flag REDUX is a fun & exciting glow-in-the-dark game that also teaches meaningful principles. This active, adventure game is not for those who want to sit around and talk. It involves hiding, searching, running and even sneaking up on people. The game includes glowing orbs, territory lights, team bracelets and comes with easy-to-follow illustrated instructions. It is the perfect icebreaker or adult party game for those who want to (literally) follow the Light! Click here to find out more and purchase the game.
5. BIBLE PERFECT PAIRS. Just like Noah found great pairs, this game is perfect for searching out perfect pairs, too. Write out the names of famous couples from the Bible on pieces of paper. Place the names of the males in one bowl and the names of the females in another bowl. All of the players draw one name according to their gender. Then, they walk around the party, and ask each player of the opposite gender only one question about who they are without saying their name. They continue to ask for clues until they find their significant other. It’s an amusing party game for couples, and a great way to get to know other adults.
6. BIBLEOPOLY. Yes, there have been a good deal of Monopoly variations, but this one is like none other. It’s a beautiful board game full of fun and faith where the ‘Go’ space is replaced by ‘In the beginning’, and the former income tax spaces are instead the ‘Abyss’. Learn about the fascinating cities in the Bible while your good deeds are rewarded. The makers of Bibleopoly say it is a game “where co-operation and not accumulation is the key; where you can only win by assisting fellow players.” Be the first player to build a church in one of the biblical cities to be the winner. Bibleopoly can be found here.
7. BIBLE JEOPARDY. For a fun trivia night with other adults, play this game like the TV version of Jeopardy with categories and clues. Contestants choose a category and then have to buzz in to give the question that the clue answers. Each clue has a point or monetary value and whoever buzzes in first and gets it correct, gets those points. Play a few rounds of Jeopardy and then have a Double Jeopardy round where the points double. At the end of the game, each contestant bets his or her points or money on a Final Jeopardy question. To design a version to use on your computer, you can visit Jeopardylabs.com. There are also sample questions to use that you can find here.
8. HOLY HEADBANDS. For a fun and easy adult activity or church party that doesn’t take a lot of equipment or planning, play Hold Headbands. Grab some post-it notes and write the names of different bible characters on each one. Without seeing the name, have each person stick one on his or her forehead. Then, the players go around asking only yes or no questions to the other players until they can guess who they are.
9. APPLES TO APPLES – BIBLE EDITION. When it comes to Christian games for adults, Apples to Apples Bible Edition equals instant fun. Plus, it’s so easy to play, just open the box and deal the cards. Each round is filled with crazy comparisons of people, places and things from Christian history. Players select the card from their hand that they think is the best match of the card that the judge plays. If the judge chooses your card, then you win that round. Players take turns being the judge. You can purchase it here.
10. BIBLE CHARADES. Get folks up and moving at your next Christian gathering, by playing Bible Charades. This version is similar to the regular charades, except that they guess bible characters. Split your group into equal teams, then each team writes down bible characters for the other team to act out and guess. Teams get points for the number of characters that they guess correctly. It’s a fun way to enrich your faith and explore your acting abilities.