10 VERY FUN GAMES FOR TEENAGERS
There are many good reasons to have some fun games for teenagers on hand when the teen party ends up at your house. Games can help teens learn how to solve problems and think strategically. They can help teens socialize and bond with their friends. But the most important reason to have some teenage games on hand is that when it comes to teenagers, we all know it’s better to keep them busy, because when they get bored, they usually find some kind of crazy trouble. Keep them out of trouble and entertained with these ten fun games for teenagers.
- AWKWARD MOMENT. We’ve all been there…the awkward moment and teenagers know it better than any of us. Awkward Moment is a hilarious board game that puts the players in awkward social situations. Perfect for teens, this game includes Reaction cards and Decider cards. Players get dealt the Reaction cards that have them face awkward, embarrassing or stressful situations. Then, the one with the Decider cards gets to choose the best response from the players. Buy Awkward Moment Card Game at amazon.
- SUCKING SKITTLES. For a really fun and simple way to entertain teens, all you need are a few bags of Skittles candy and some drinking straws. Pour the Skittles in a bowl and give all of the players a straw. Then, line up one cup for each player on a table on the other side of the room. When you say “go,” all of the players try and gather as many skittles in their cup by sucking them onto their straws and depositing them into their cups without using their hands. Whoever gathers the most is the winner, but everyone gets to eat their own winnings.
- ASSASSIN. Everyone knows teenagers can be sneaky, but this game gives them a chance to show how sneaky they can really be. Mark enough small pieces of paper for each player with different letters. Mark only one of the pieces with an “X” on it. Then, let the players each draw. They player that draws the “X” is the assassin who can secretly wink at other players to “kill” them. The players sit in a circle and must make eye contact with each other to see if they can determine the killer. If the assassin winks at you, then you must declare death. At any point in the game, a player can accuse another player of being the assassin. If they point to the right person, then the game is over. If they point to the wrong person, then they are eliminated and the game continues until the assassin is identified.
- TRADE UP. If you want a fabulously fun game for teenagers that also gets them out of your house then Trade Up is your game. Split into team of three or four people. Then, give each of the teams a pencil. The teams then go to different houses in your neighborhood to try and trade up the pencil for some better object. They then take that object to the next house and trade it for something even better. They continue going to houses to trade up their object for an hour or until a designated time and then they meet back at the starting point to see which team ended up with the coolest object.
- CAPTURE THE FLAG REDUX. It’s the classic Capture the Flag game revolutionized with futuristic glow in the dark lights. Perfect for keeping teens busy as they break teammates out of jail, sneak into enemy territory, protect base and steal the glowing flag to win. Each game box includes two glowing orbs to use as the “flags,” color-coded LED bracelets to differentiate team members, glowing jail markers, and a rule book. As an extra bonus, each kit includes 12 game variation cards that offer even more ways to play Capture the Flag, as well as other games. Buy Capture the Flag REDUX here.
- SOCK WRESTLING. Teens are notorious for leaving their dirty socks around the house. But, what if you made it a challenge to get the socks off of their feet? For this crazy game, you need to clear out a big empty space in the center of a room. Have two players go head to head against each other wearing socks, but no shoes. The first person to remove both of his or her opponent’s socks is the winner. You determine the rules before the match to keep it safe and fun.
- ADDICTING GAMES. When it comes to fun games for teenagers, you can find a huge resource of free online games at http://www.addictinggames.com/tag/teen-games.jsp. The choices include arcade games, word games, racing games, flash games and much more with tons of reviews and ratings. And, you don’t just play games on AddictingGames.com, but you can also submit them! Simply upload your game directly using the game submission form. If they like it, they’ll promote it on our website, give you all the credit and link back to your site.
- HEAD POP. Head Pop is very funny teen party game to watch, and an even funnier one to play. First, choose an even number of two different colors of balloons to blow up and hang at different heights from the ceiling. They can even be as low as the ground. Then, get two hats and secure a straight pin from the top of each one with tape. Split into two teams and send one player on each team out to pop balloons with the pin-hats. They have 15 seconds to pop as many of their team’s color balloons without using their hands or feet. Then, they send a new player in for the next 15 seconds. The first team to pop all of their balloons wins.
- FUNSPARKS JAZZMINTON. The perfect outdoor game for teens, Jazzminton is the ultimate paddle ball game. The kit includes two fluorescent wooden racquets, two yellow birdies and two red birdies. The best part about Jazzminton is that you can play a slow and easy game with the yellow birdies or a fun and faster game with the red ones. You can even play at night by purchasing extra LED birdies. Look for the game and the birdies at http://funsparks.com/jazzminton/.
- GOATLORDS. When you need a fun, competitive board game for teenagers, Goatlords will fit the bill. The goal of this hilarious card game is to gather the biggest goat herd by stacking pairs of matching goat cards in front of you and stealing your opponent’s goats. Strategically playing your cards with will affect how many points you end up with when the goats come home. You can find this game at https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/195205/goat-lords.
If you have a swimming pool, check our our fun glow in the dark swimming games.
* The image used as the featured image for this blog post is by verkeorg on Flickr and can be found here.